APPLICATION ENGINEER, US
To support our growth, we’re looking for an Application Engineer to join our Applications team. The position will be located in US, preferrable New York City area, but also other locations and home office with 50% of traveling can be considered.
Specim is a globally leading supplier in hyperspectral imaging. As a true pioneer and forerunner in this field, we celebrated our 25th anniversary in 2020. In 2021, we became part of Konica Minolta Group. Our company’s headquarters are located in Oulu, Finland, and we have also offices in Helsinki (Finland), New Jersey and Shanghai.
Our international team of 70+ professionals, with expertise in optics, electronics, software, and machine vision, serves the market with the broadest range of hyperspectral cameras, imaging spectrographs, systems, and accessories. We are known as a trusted partner with products and support of superb quality and cost-efficiency.
Our products are globally used by our OEM customers in machine vision systems, inspecting food or pharmaceutics production quality, sorting waste, or measuring printed color accuracy. Our products are chosen by numerous research labs, including world recognized centers and installed and operated in drones and large-scale remote sensing airplanes.
With our strategy, “Spectral imaging made easy,” our customers can rely on the scalability of our technology and products. It will allow our customers to keep improving the performance and competitiveness of their solutions.
The main responsibility in this role is to support our Sales Managers and Key Customers by demonstrating our technology in customer meetings, exhibitions, and conferences, conduct feasibility studies for selected customers based on their application requirements, and provide guidance to select the best fit from Specim product portfolio. You will manage and deepen our knowhow on customer’s requirements. You will follow the customer from first contact to sales and after sales phase, and ensure customer’s expectations for quality support and timely responses are met. You will be working in a close collaboration with our Applications, Sales and After Sales Support teams.
AS AN APPLICATION ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Collect and specify customer requirements considering their application and operation environment
- Conduct feasibility studies and demonstrations
- Advice and guide the customer to select the best solution from our product portfolio
- Support our Local Sales Team in preparing quotations and participating tenders
- Provide online or onsite training to the North American customers
- Provide timely first response to the customer (including local distributors) in case of any after sales support matters, and collect required background info of the case for our technical support team in Oulu
- Provide valuable input to our product management about customer experience, pain points and improvement ideas
- Ensure that the customer service level at Specim is always high
You will be working with our US based customers. The role requires minimum 3 years of hands-on technical expertise in machine vision, preferably in spectroscopic applications. Customer oriented mindset, excellent team working skills, ability to search information and utilize the inhouse expertise are mandatory to ensure the success in this task. Work includes traveling, and working time needs to be planned in a flexible manner. Our company‘s headquarter is based in Finland and working languages are Finnish and English.
WE APPRECIATE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Previous hands-on work experience in spectroscopic measurements and analysis
- Relevant technical background, e.g. MSc or PhD in Engineering, spectroscopy or Physics
- Customer oriented mindset
- Ability to learn and improvise
- Capability of finding solutions, self-driven attitude
- Excellent team working and communicational skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Experience in working in multinational environment
Previous work experience in machine vision industry is considered as an asset.
WE OFFER YOU:
- A permanent, full-time position based in US, preferably New York City area
- An opportunity to work with a fascinating machine vision technology that is used globally and in various industrial and research applications
- Great colleagues with expertise e.g. in optics, electronics, software, and machine vision
- Comprehensive and continuous hands-on training to be successful in your tasks
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working hours and remote work possibility
You can apply to the position through the button below:
For more information about the job please contact:
Head of Applications, Katja Lefevre
tel. +358 10 4244 408
HR Manager Sari Vuori
tel. +358 10 4244 456