CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Specim is a globally leading supplier in hyperspectral imaging. As a true pioneer and forerunner in this field, we celebrate our 25th anniversary in 2020. Our international team of 70+ professionals, with expertise in optics, electronics, software, and machine vision, serves the market with the broadest range of hyperspectral cameras, imaging spectrographs, systems, and accessories. We are known as a trusted partner with products and support of superb quality and cost-efficiency.
With our strategy, “Spectral imaging made easy,” our customers can rely on the scalability of our technology and products. It will allow our customers to keep improving the performance and competitiveness of their solutions and develop application solutions quicker and with less technical skills.
Our products are globally used by our OEM customers in machine vision systems, inspecting food or pharmaceutics production quality, sorting waste, or measuring printed color accuracy. Our products are chosen by numerous research labs, including world recognized centers and installed and operated in drones and large scale remote sensing airplanes.
We’re looking for a Customer Support Specialist experienced on embedded systems and programming to join our After Sales Support team. The main responsibility in this role is to support our customers and distributors with technical questions and problems related to our industrial products and systems. Our customer’s expectation for quality of support and timely responses is high, and our primary priority is to fulfil the expectation.
As a Customer Support Specialist, you will:
- Resolve customer enquiries over the phone, email or remote connection
- Actively provide valuable input to our product management about customer pain points and improvement ideas
- Contribute to continuously develop customer support process and working methods
- Ensure that the customer service level at Specim is always high
The role is very technical. The support covers both software, firmware and hardware related issues and the complexity of support cases varies from trivial to very challenging. Our customers are in different parts of the world, in different time zones. There are cases where Customer Support Specialist needs to work outside office hours. Occasional traveling for work might be also required. Our company’s working languages are Finnish and English.
To be successful in this task, we expect you to have:
- Previous work experience in embedded systems and software development/ testing with Python, C, C++ or equivalent
- Relevant technical background, e.g. BSc or MSc in Engineering
- Fluent English
- Customer oriented mindset
- Excellent team working and communicational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
Previous work experience in machine vision technologies as well as experience on technical support and customer care in an international environment are considered as an asset.
We offer you:
- A permanent, full-time position based in Oulu, Finland
- An opportunity to work with a fascinating machine vision technology that is used in various industrial and research applications all over the globe
- Great colleagues with expertise e.g. in optics, electronics, software, and machine vision
- Comprehensive and continuous hands-on training to be successful in your tasks
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working hours and remote work possibility
- Extensive health care benefits including extra leisure-time accident insurance
- Voucher system for cultural and sports activities to support our employees wellbeing
If this is the role you’ve been looking for, please apply latest on August 15, 2020 by sending your application and CV.
For more information about the job please contact:
Head of Applications, Katja Lefevre (firstname.lastname@example.org) tel. 010 4244 408 or
HR Manager Sari Vuori (email@example.com) tel. 010 4244 456