Optical solutions play a crucial role in executing our strategy, “Spectral imaging made easy”. They require sophisticated design, innovative ideas, a new way of thinking, and, of course, people who are making this happen.
That is why we are looking for you to join our RD team as an
to design and develop hyperspectral imaging (HSI) products.
- Create new innovations and next-generation solutions for industrial applications
- Take part in new imaging spectral camera designs, including custom objectives design
- perform full performance, tolerance, and stray light analysis
- prepare manufacturing documentation and discussion with manufacturers
- Support external and internal documentation
- Support production and sourcing as well as the end customers in optics-related problem-solving.
- Develop our calibration and testing environment to improve the product manufacturing
- Perform spectral camera data performance analysis
- Do component level characterization
Skills and qualifications:
- Experience on
- Imaging optical systems design
- Master of Science (MSc) or Doctorate (Ph.D.) degree in optical sciences or equivalent preferred
- Troubleshooting skills and willingness to solve problems
- Opportunity to work in the world-leading imaging spectral camera company with fascinating machine vision technology and great colleagues
- A permanent, full-time job based in Oulu
- Excellent possibilities for professional development
We are looking forward to your application, including your salary request and CV!
For more information, please contact:
Head of R&D Jere Hartikainen
HR Manager Sari Vuori
tel. 010 4244 456.
Specim is a globally leading supplier in hyperspectral imaging. As a true pioneer and forerunner in this field, we celebrated our 25th anniversary in 2020. Our international team of 70 professionals, with expertise in optics, electronics, software, and machine vision, serves the market with the broadest range of hyperspectral cameras, imaging spectrographs, systems, and accessories. We are known as a trusted partner with products and support of superb quality and cost-efficiency.
With our strategy, “Spectral imaging made easy,” our customers can rely on the scalability of our technology and products. It will allow our customers to keep improving the performance and competitiveness of their solutions and develop application solutions quicker and with less technical skills.
Our products are globally used by our OEM customers in machine vision systems, inspecting food or pharmaceutics production quality, sorting waste, or measuring printed color accuracy. Our products are chosen by numerous research labs, including world-recognized centers, and installed and operated in drones and large-scale remote sensing airplanes.