We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our team. The primary responsibility in this role is to ensure that our Product offering meets customer needs and supports our strategy and business growth in target market segments. Product Manager is in charge of SPECIM’s Product Management activities and reports to Head of Applications. The position is located in Oulu, Finland.
Specim is a globally leading supplier in hyperspectral imaging. As a true pioneer and forerunner in this field, we celebrated our 25th anniversary in 2020. In 2020, we also became part of Konica Minolta Group. Our company’s headquarters are located in Oulu, Finland, and we have also offices in Helsinki (Finland), New Jersey and Shanghai.
Our international team of 70+ professionals, with expertise in optics, electronics, software, and machine vision, serves the market with the broadest range of hyperspectral cameras, imaging spectrographs, systems, and accessories. We are known as a trusted partner with products and support of superb quality and cost-efficiency.
Our products are globally used by our OEM customers in machine vision systems, inspecting food or pharmaceutics production quality, sorting waste, or measuring printed color accuracy. Our products are chosen by numerous research labs, including world recognized centers and installed and operated in drones and large scale remote sensing airplanes.
With our strategy, “Spectral imaging made easy,” our customers can rely on the scalability of our technology and products. It will allow our customers to keep improving the performance and competitiveness of their solutions.
Tasks and responsibilities
As a Product Manager, you will:
- Have overall ownership of SPECIM’s Product Management, Product Portfolio and Product Life Cycle based on our Product Management process
- Ensure the commercial feasibility of our product offering
- Act as the voice of the market & customer by gathering and evaluating customer requirements and business case, and turning those into product requirements together with Product Management Team
- Co-ordinate and manage Product Management Team and related actions throughout the company
- Support Specim’s Sales for example by defining the target market segments and value proposals
- Work in close collaboration with SPECIM Business Development
- Manage SPECIM price list
- Monitor customer satisfaction
Hyperspectral imaging is a complex yet powerful technology. Previous experience in this technology is not a must to be successful in this task, as you will be working in close collaboration with Specim colleagues who have in-depth knowhow and understanding of hyperspectral imaging. Previous experience e.g. in machine vision industry will be an asset and shorten the learning curve with hyperspectral imaging.
Following experience and qualities will help you to succeed in these tasks:
- Proven track record on similar type of role
- Passion to understand customers’ needs and demands
- Solid understanding of business development and how its inputs are successfully applied to product management
- Ability to quickly adopt new information, new technologies and make intelligent business decisions
- Good priority setting and organization skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Team management skills
- Self- driven attitude and ability to work under pressure
- Fluent written and spoken English
We offer you:
- A permanent, full-time position based in Oulu, Finland
- Excellent possibilities for professional development and an opportunity to work with a fascinating machine vision technology that is used in various industrial and research applications all over the globe
- Great colleagues with expertise e.g. in optics, electronics, software, and machine vision
- Comprehensive and continuous hands-on training to be successful in your tasks
- Flexible working hours and remote work possibility
- Extensive health care benefits including extra leisure-time accident insurance
- Voucher system for cultural and sports activities to support our employees wellbeing
If this is the role you’ve been looking for, please apply latest on November 15, 2021 by sending your application and CV via the link below:
For more information about the job please contact
Head of Applications, Katja Lefevre
tel. +358 10 4244 408
HR Manager Sari Vuori
tel. +358 10 4244 456