To support our growth, we are looking for a Test Engineer to join our RD team.
The main responsibility of the Test Engineer is testing development, execution, documentation, and reporting. To succeed in this role, the person should have previous experience in similar tasks and interest in all areas related to testing. Fluency in English, excellent teamwork skills, customer-oriented mindset and enthusiastic approach to work are required in the role.
The role is permanent, full-time, and based in Oulu. It offers excellent possibilities for professional development and an opportunity to work with a fascinating machine vision technology and great colleagues.
The work consists of following responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain test scripts (automation and manual) for testing software applications as part of continuous integration.
- Design and develop testing documentation
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex testing problems
- Provide testing related technical guidance to the team members
- Maintain quality metrics and dashboards for test reviews.
To succeed in the role and meet the job requirements the person should have:
- Experience in testing software applications and hardware systems (Windows, Linux)
- Experience in complete software testing activities such as designing, writing, testing, and documenting software test cases, and scripts in languages and environments appropriate to development projects.
- Strong testing skills to be able to provide technical guidance to the team members.
- Excellent English communication skills to work in an international team and communicate with our customers
- Experience in testing levels such as Integration, Component, System and Acceptance.
- Experience in testing process using Agile model.
- Experience in C++ application testing, Qt applications testing
- Experience in scripting
We also appreciate:
- Knowledge of HSI camera systems: electronic and optics, SW, and applications
In addition to possibility to work with great colleagues and fascinating technology we offer to our employees many benefits such as extensive health care benefits including extra leisure-time accident insurance, voucher system for cultural and sports activities to support wellbeing and remote work possibility.
Looking forward to your application including salary request and CV!
For more information, please contact:
Head of R&D Jere Hartikainen
HR Manager Sari Vuori
tel. 010 4244 456
Specim is a globally leading supplier in hyperspectral imaging. As a true pioneer and forerunner in this field, we celebrated our 25th anniversary in 2020. In 2021, we became part of Konica Minolta Group. Our company’s headquarters are in Oulu, Finland, and we also have offices in USA, China, and Spain.
Our international team of 70+ professionals, with expertise in optics, electronics, software, and machine vision, serves the market with the broadest range of hyperspectral cameras, imaging spectrographs, systems, and accessories. We are known as a trusted partner with products and support of superb quality and cost-efficiency.
Our products are globally used by our OEM customers in machine vision systems, inspecting food or pharmaceutics production quality, sorting waste, or measuring printed color accuracy. Our products are chosen by numerous research labs, including world recognized centers and installed and operated in drones and large-scale remote sensing airplanes.
With our strategy, “Spectral imaging made easy,” our customers can rely on the scalability of our technology and products. It will allow our customers to keep improving the performance and competitiveness of their solutions.