US SALES MANAGER
Sales Manager – focus on Academic & Governmental Research Sales, Remote Sensing Sales, experience from measurement device sales, multispectral, hyperspectral, spectroscopy, imaging
- Territory: USA
- End User Sales / Business Development / Pipeline Building
- Hyperspectral system sales, Academic & Governmental Research Sales, Remote Sensing Sales
- Home Location: East Coast, NYC area preferred
- Strong teamwork skills
- Travel (50% or more)
- Relevant technical or business degree or equivalent knowledge through experience
- Related experience 5+ years
- Technical consultative sales 3+ years
- English speaking, Spanish language skills an asset
Specim is a globally leading supplier in hyperspectral imaging. As a true pioneer and forerunner in this field, we celebrated our 25th anniversary in 2020. In 2021, we became part of Konica Minolta Group. Offices in Finland, in Oulu (HQ) and in Helsinki. Own locations in New Jersey and Shanghai.
Our international team of 70+ professionals, with expertise in optics, electronics, software, and machine vision, serves the market with the broadest range of hyperspectral cameras, imaging spectrographs, systems, and accessories. We are known as a trusted partner with products and support of superb quality and cost-efficiency.
Our products are globally used by our OEM customers in machine vision systems, inspecting food or pharmaceutics production quality, sorting waste, vegetation research, or measuring printed color accuracy. Our products are chosen by numerous research labs, including world recognized centers and installed and operated in drones and large scale remote sensing airplanes.
With our strategy, “Spectral imaging made easy,” our customers can rely on the scalability of our technology and products. It will allow our customers to keep improving the performance and competitiveness of their solutions.
We are seeking for a Sales Manager located in the US to drive sales to Academic & Governmental Research customers together with Remote Sensing (airborne) customers.
The Sales Manager reports directly to the Global Head of Sales and Marketing and is working closely together with the global sales and marketing team.
The sales process involves contacting leads, and proactively seeking new leads within Academic & Governmental Research and Remote Sensing communities. The person is expected to be very sales and growth driven to meet our ambitious growth targets.
- Establish priorities for the sales territory and initiate appropriate actions to create, implement and execute a sales plan and meet or exceed the sales targets
- Analyze customer lists for territory, establish a list of visits with demos, schedule calls, and utilize efficiently used CRM (Salesforce)
- Identify quality leads, develop them to high value opportunities and close the purchase orders, preparing agreements and negotiating the terms with customers concluding in mutually profitable arrangements.
- Prepare the quotations, business proposals and agreements and carrying out all activities needed to complete the transactions with the customers and business partners
- Manage the regional marketing activities such as trade shows, exhibitions, road-shows and various promotional activities
- Assist and advise customers on using hyperspectral systems in different applications
- Continuously provide market and customer specific information to help the company measure results, assess risks and establish action plans to meet objectives
- Maintaining an accurate weekly PO forecast and monthly invoice plan and travel budget forecast
- Experience and track record from measurement device sales to Research&Governmental and/or industrial clients
- Ability to close consultative and technical system sales
- PC experience required; MS Office and Salesforce CRM
- Excellent written and verbal skills, and the ability to communicate with various levels of the organization
- Solid track record creating sales growth in industrial business, and/or in Research&Governmental business
- Formal presentation skills
- Stress and ambiguity tolerance
- Passion for selling and meeting customer needs by providing technical & sales support to customers via face to face meetings, phone, e-mail, and other forums
- Able to travel up to 50% domestic and international
- Related experience 5+ years, technical consultative sales 3+ years
- Capabilities to convince customers from engineers to high level executives
- Understanding of service sales and software/application sales is regarded a great advantage
- Job Type: Full-time
- Technical consultative sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Sales: 5 years (Preferred)
For more information about the job please contact:
Head of Sales & Marketing, Hannu Mäki-Marttunen
tel. +358 44 7961 116
HR Manager Sari Vuori
tel. +358 10 4244 456